Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Chocolate Milk~

My little sis is at "I-am-going-to-blindly-copy-people-I-like" stage. If few kids do something, she needs to do it as well. On those lines, her latest "coolness" factor is chocolate milk and sandwiches. The other kids are often seen with boxed store bought version and "ingredient-reading" obsessed me feels devastated buying it for her. So I made a deal with her that she would taste my version and if she liked it, she can take that instead.

I was a relieved BiG SiS when she approved it- she loved it in fact making this even better. With all modesty, I have to say that I grin shamelessly with pride when she feels she has to show off her chocolate milk bottle to other kids as well :) And you know the best part? This chocolate milk is ridiculously simple to make and takes much less time (and money) than getting some from the store. This "notreally- a-recipe" recipe is easy to adapt and adopt.


Ingredients:
  • 6 cups of whole milk,
  • 2 teaspoons of chocolate powder (each or to taste),
  • 2 tablespoons of sugar (each or to taste),
  • 6 pieces of clean bottle with tight lid.



Directions:
  1. Take 6 pieces of clean bottle and pour 1 cup of milk, 2 teaspoons of chocolate powder and 2 tablespoons of sugar for each bottle.
  2. Then stir it by spoon properly or blend it on a blender, but I cover the bottle with the tight lid very well and shake it by hand properly until the sugar and chocolate powder is dissolved.
  3. Do a taste test and adjust sugar or cocoa powder if needed. Shake once again. I store this in the fridge until serving time. But you can chill your milk first and then proceed as well. Whatever works for you.
  4. Enjoy on its own or with some cookies :)



Tips:

  • I use Whole Milk. But you can use any milk of your choosing. Its also possible to make this Dairy free and Vegan by substituting with Soy Milk, Almond Milk, Coconut Milk and even Rice Milk. You would need to adjust the remaining ingredients accordingly. I personally haven't tried them except almond milk and love that version as well.
  • You can do the following in a blender. I simply do this in a bottle (with a tight lid) that I use to serve the milk as well. No additional washing of blender for me :)



No comments:

Post a Comment